Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shortness of breath, is it because of lack of sleep?

I have been getting shortness of breath recently. It comes and goes but i don't know why. Someone said to me it was because i haven't been getting enough sleep. So i tried to go to sleep earlier and that doesn't help.Shortness of breath, is it because of lack of sleep?
I've never heard shortness of breath being related to lack of sleep. Try this site...
http://familydoctor.org/x2555.xml...
I really dont think lack of sleep would do that to you. You may be slightly asmatic, go get checked up by the GP and they can run some small tests.
In some cases it's the other way around, but in any case it sounds like you might have sleep apnea. Talk to your doctor; he might be able to refer you to a sleep clinic or something like that if that's what is needed.
I seriously do think that it is related to lack of sleep. Last year I'd sleep less than 5 hours per night and go to school at 7 in the morning. I used to have serious shortness of breath issues back then which totally disappeared after I regulated my sleeping pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment