Saturday, October 23, 2010

Planning to have surgery soon?

I need to have surgery on an umbellical hernea soon and I am scared.
Is anyone familiar with this procedure to enlighten me on what to expect?
How long will I be down for after surgery?
Will I be in a lot of pain after surger?Planning to have surgery soon?
Surgery, itself, is not bad - you will be anesthetized. Will you have a lot of pain after surgery? - yes, you will; but, it will pass. If you need the surgery, you have no choice. You will hurt for 7-10 days, and then begin to improve. You will probably be recuperating for 4-6 weeks.
I have had several surgeries - so what I am telling you is from experience. Of course, I don't want any more surgeries, but I believe it is better to know what to expect than to be frightened by the unknown.
yeah.. no pain?? no gain
You should probably ask your doctors these questions.
This seems to be four questions in one.
Q1: PLANNING TO HAVE SURGERY SOON? Answer: No I am not.
Q2: FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROCEDURE? No I am not.
Q3: HOW LONG WILL I BE DOWN AFTER SURGERY? Weeks I bet.
Q4: WILL I BE IN A LOT OF PAIN? Probably, its surgery.
yes there will be pain, but your doctor will give you GOOD drugs
you can expect to be down for 3 to 6 weeks, depending on your constitution and strength
With a competent doctor, you should breeze through your procedure. Your doc will give you pain meds to keep you comfortable. You'll do fine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment