Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Severe, Chronic Pain in Hips with no findings in an MRI. What could be the cause?

I have had hip pain for over a year now and it has recently become much more severe. My Dr. ordered an MRI and called to tell me that it shows no reason for my pain. I am frustrated, as I thought the MRI would tell us how to make it better. I am young and should not be in this much pain, but here I am.
Does anyone know what this could be?Severe, Chronic Pain in Hips with no findings in an MRI. What could be the cause?
I dont know what it could be.....but if possible have you ever tried acupunture? If you could be referred any health insurance you have may cover it.
Just a suggestion.
a pulled muscle and possible deadened nerves. i went to a chiropractor with a back problem when i was pregnant and he worked a miracle. so with this hip problem (i too have a hip problem) i am going to go back. but i have to pay out of pocket because its not covered on my insurance.
my friend had this and complained about her hips hurting all the time..you might wanna look into it..here is a little info...
Description of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is very common, affecting up to 5 percent of the U.S. population. Although anyone can get fibromyalgia, eight times as many women develop it relative to men.
Most cases occur among women between the ages of 20 to 65. It shares many features with the chronic fatigue syndrome.

People with fibromyalgia are found to have multiple tender points in specific muscle areas. Most individuals complain of aching and stiffness in areas around the neck, shoulders, upper back, lower back and hip areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment