Saturday, October 23, 2010

Please help to answer this. How can u help old people who have body problem like cant walk etc.?

Please help to answer this. How can u help old people who have body problem like cant walk etc.?
You learn how to transport them from the bed to a wheelchair,from a wheelchair to the toliet,from the toliet back to a wheelchair,learn to help them get dressed,take baths etc.
Ummm...support them and help them out. Go to the store for them, or with them. Make their life easier. Help out with their house work. When I was little, my grandma used to take me and my sister to Tennessee every summer. There was a little lady that lived down the street. She had to be about 86 years old. She was all there, she walked and man could she talk. I would go down every morning after breakfast and see her. She would give me a pepsi and we would sit and talk about school, my parents, who she didn't even know, just anything. And I did it for three summers till she passed away. I went to her funeral and her kids whom I never met, came up and talked to me and told me that their mom talked about me alot!! You'll find that it'll also make you feel better to help out!
Make sure that the person has a variety of mobility aids. One of the worst things about having trouble walking is the lack of freedom. Help them, but try to let them learn what they can do on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment