Saturday, October 23, 2010

Please help me with Earwax problem!?

My ears are very clogged and have never drained properly. They hurt for a few days so I went to the doctors. She said there was so much earwax that she couldn't see anything. Because it was painful, she recommended waiting a week before syringing (lavaging) it out. It didn't hurt the next day so I put olive oil in it for two days and then tried using a bulb syringe to flush it out. Then I couldn't hear at all so I went back and saw another doctor at an urgent care facility. He said the wax was very wet and lavaging for 12 hours wouldn't remove it. He gave me acetic acid otic drops. I've been using them for 4 days and it's getting worse. I can't hear anything from that ear and it burns and gets very warm when I put in the drops. I'm getting very dizzy and the other ear is very clogged as well. My head wants to explode because I can't get relief from the pressure. Is there anything else the doctor can do to get this wet wax out?Please help me with Earwax problem!?
Hydrogen peroxide will dissolve ear wax painlessly, but it tickles like heck. Put a few drops in one ear at a time and lie still on your side for about 5 minutes, let it drain out and do the other ear. You may need to repeat the ceremony to get it all out. When you're done, flush gently with warm water to remove the traces of wax and peroxide.
whew, sounds rotten. I had a similar problem almost ten years ago, I tried everything. Seemed to me that ear candling, followed by three or four drops of 50/50 white vinegar & hydrogen peroxide did the trick. The candling takes alot of the wax out, and the vinegar and peroxide prevent infection and dry the ear out. Good luck with it...and be careful, if you are getting dizzy it sounds like you might have an inner ear infection. Use comments you find at your own risk BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment