Saturday, October 23, 2010

PET bottles - Are they dangerous?

I want to know if reusing PET bottles to drink water is actually not healthy or is it just a rumour?PET bottles - Are they dangerous?
The PET bottle itself poses no danger when refilled. PET is an inert plastic and does not leach harmful materials into into its contents -- either when a beverage is stored unopened, or when bottles are refilled or frozen.Opened bottles can harbor bacteria, however, as will mugs glasses or any other beverage container.
Why would you want to stick your pets in a bottle?
I dont even know how I would get my Chihuahua in one , never mind the Poodles.
It is not healthy in my opinion.
It depends: you can reuse them if they have not been placed under light or heat. Under heat they release a substance which, in the long run, might cause cancer (this is what my prof. of chemistry told me).

No comments:

Post a Comment